Cannes Film Festival 2018 is over ! Cate Blanchett and her jury revealed the awards winners of the official selection last night. 5 movies we worked on are rewarded :
● Grand Prix: BlaKkKlansman (by Spike Lee) / subtitling made by our team (with translator Françoise Monier) for Universal Pictures France.
● Best directing : Cold War (by Pawel Pawlikowski) / subtitling (with translator Ewa Lienkiewicz) made for Diaphana distribution.
● Best Actor: Marcello Fonte in Dogman (by Matteo Garrone) / subtitling (with translator Pascal Strippoli) made for Le Pacte.
● Best Actress: Samal Yeslyamova in Ayka (by Sergey Dvortsevoy) / subtitling (with translator Joël Chapron) made for Arp Sélection.
● Best screenplay (ex-aequo with “Three Faces”): Happy as Lazzaro (by Alice Rohrwacher) / subtitling (with translator Muriel Blanc-Pignol) made for Ad Vitam Distribution.
Some of the movies from the official selection received special prizes :
● Fripesci Award: Burning (by Lee Chang-Dong) / subtitling (with translator Yejin Kim) for Diaphana Distribution.
● Special Award of œcuménique jury: BlacKkKlansman (by Spike Lee).
We also collaborated on 2 rewarded movies from La Semaine de la Critique and Director’s Fortnight selections :
● SACD Award of Director’s Fortnight selection: En Liberté (by Pierre Salvadori) / subtitling (with translator Ian Burley) made for Les Films Pelléas.
● SACD Awards of La Semaine de la Critique: Woman at war (by Benedikt Erlingsson) / subtitling (with translator Sigurveig Benediktsdottir) made for Slot Machine.
Congrats to all the winners, our clients, and the translators we worked with on these movies ! Also, congrats to the team of Le Pacte for the Palme d’Or of Kore Eda’s Une Affaire de Famille.